Dear STRIVE Prep Community,
With all that’s going on with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to give you an update on what steps STRIVE Prep is taking during this time.
To prevent the spread of the COVID-19, and following the recent Denver Public Schools’ decision, STRIVE Prep schools will be closed beginning Monday, March 16 and reopen after spring break on Monday, April 6.
School buildings are open March 16 and 17, and will be closed beginning March 18. STRIVE Prep administrative staff will be on campuses those two days to support families in picking up technology and medications. Central staff will work remotely from March 18 – 27. Please note, DPS is returning from spring break on April 7 and STRIVE Prep students and staff are returning that Monday, April 6.
What we are focused on during this time:
- The health and well-being of students and staff
- Ongoing communication with families to share resources available to them at this time
- Providing voluntary online learning opportunities and creative ideas to keep students engaged
- Ensuring every student has a laptop and internet access
- Providing specialized attention to mental health and students with disabilities
The COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented event for our community and decisions have moved very quickly. As with many other organizations, we are taking it day by day and being as nimble as we can. Staff are committed to our students and families and I have full confidence in our efforts so far. At this time, we are not aware of any students or staff who have contracted COVID-19.
CEO & Founder