Rocky Mountain Prep and STRIVE Prep Unite to Create a Stronger ECE-12th Grade Pathway for Families!
On August 3, 2022, the Rocky Mountain Prep and STRIVE Prep boards voted to unite the two organizations and join together into a single, unified public charter school system beginning July 1, 2023. Tricia Noyola, Rocky Mountain Prep’s current CEO, was voted in by the Board to serve as STRIVE Prep’s CEO beginning Novemeber, 2, 2022 and will serve as the CEO of the united early childhood (ECE) through 12th-grade public network of schools, which will retain the STRIVE Prep name.
By uniting with Rocky Mountain Prep, STRIVE Prep will gain four high-performing ECE to 5th-grade elementary schools, currently operated by Rocky Mountain Prep. This will be a great addition to STRIVE Prep schools which next year will include: five elementary schools, six middle schools, and two high schools in the Denver metro area.
The unification, which takes effect for the 2023-24 school year, will provide a continuous and cohesive ECE-12 education experience for families with some of the best-performing schools in Metro Denver.
Benefits of uniting into one school system:
- Ability to direct additional resources to the classroom
- Stronger academics
- Amplify focus on social-emotional learning
- Continue successful college and career outcomes for all students, including exceptional results for special education and multilingual students.
Families can expect things to remain the same over the next year; teachers, schools, sports and other programs and services are not impacted as a result of this unification for the current school year.
Tricia is eager to get to know the entire STRIVE Prep community better and is connecting with families, staff, and the community during the school year.
“We have the utmost confidence that Tricia is exactly the right leader for our future organization. The STRIVE Prep CEO selection committee, comprised of parents, staff, and board members, was deeply impressed by her inspiring vision of excellence, her high academic expectations, her track record of success, and the culture of joy she brings to schools.”
Meet Tricia Noyola, CEO of the united school system
Tricia knows from her own lived experience the transformative power of education for all students. Growing up in the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas, she was mentored by family, friends, and educators to reach her full potential. Prior to becoming CEO of Rocky Mountain Prep, Tricia had a distinguished career as teacher, principal, and executive director with nationally-recognized IDEA Public Schools in Texas. During her time at IDEA Austin, she led the region to become one of the highest-performing groups of public schools within the Austin area. This work is personal for Tricia. As the mother of four children, all of whom have attended RMP schools, she approaches decisions with the mindset of an educator and parent.
Under Tricia’s leadership in the 2021-22 school year, RMP schools met and exceeded a variety of goals, including:
- Pre-K through 2nd-grade students at all four campuses grew more than 1.5 years in both reading and math
- 97% of students chose to stay at RMP through the school year and return in the 2022-23 school year
- Average daily attendance of more than 95%, representing a 4% growth
- Student applications to RMP increased by more than 20%
- The RMP PEAK Teacher program, which recognizes the top-performing teachers in the network with salaries of $80,000 – $110,000 per year, was created and launched
Hear more from Tricia in these family town hall meetings below.
About STRIVE Prep
STRIVE Prep is a community of charter public schools that challenges each of our students to learn to change their world. Founded on the belief that every child deserves a high-quality education right where they live, STRIVE Prep serves about 3,300 students in 10 schools across Denver. Whether students join us in elementary, middle or high school, we welcome every child to achieve a bright future, regardless of their background or previous academic achievement.
- About 3,300 students
- 10 schools in three Denver regions, 1 elementary school, 7 middle schools, 2 high schools
- 83% of students qualify for free or reduced lunch
- 46% of students are multilingual learners
- 15% of students are students with disabilities
- Pioneered an 18-21 program offering life skills for special education students after high school
- 100% of STRIVE Prep seniors graduate with a post-secondary plan
- 83% of seniors were accepted into a 4-year college program (2022 data)
About Rocky Mountain Prep
Rocky Mountain Prep is a public elementary charter school network with four Denver-Metro area schools serving more than 1,800 students. Rocky Mountain Prep’s mission is for every child to realize their full potential through a rigorous and loving elementary education. Rigorous academics in an environment of love, inclusivity, and respect create the transformational learning experience that sets RMP apart as a top option for students and families. Scholars and staff approach each day through PEAK values: Perseverance, Excellence, Adventure, and Kindness.
- More than 1,800 students
- 4 elementary schools in four regions, three in Denver and one in Aurora
- 81% of students qualify for free or reduced lunch
- 52% of students are multilingual learners
- 13% of students receive special education services
- Nearly 130 prekindergarten students across four schools